2009-02-17

The hierarchy of total process


My research has a possibility to spend a lot of time, because of there are no limitation to make a new grid pattern. It'll be toxic to go to next step, so I make the hierarchy of the total porcess.

1.Element
I will research 2D or 3D element which can build a regular pattern using its shape repetition.


2.Point
I will set some point on a line of the element shape. It become a factor which can lead deformation when it is connected to the edge point on the other side. I change the number and direction of this factor and see the differences.

3.Deformation
After setting these factor, we can get a result of the element deformation.

4.Connection
If we connect this deformation elements to the another, then we can see a result of pattern. We can assume a differnt grid system when we success to connect each other well.

As Rudi said to me yesterday, each step will be a parameter and we can try thousands if trial within that. I will think and make a several option in each step, and definitely it needs several feed-back time as well.

1 comment:

  1. HI Dong,

    these first studies look very promising in approaching the topic experimentally with parametric models. I am glad you are able to translate your sketches into variable parametric constructs to explore the implications. One suggestion, once you comfortable with this, you may try propagating deformed "hostcells" as well, such that not only the inscribed but also the outer framework deforms, which affects the neighboring cells as well of course. The question would be then how this propagation is controlled and how it maybe used to form larger shapes.

    I am looking forward to your further studies in this by monday.

    Axel

    ReplyDelete