2009-02-16

Summary of the refining issue.

Refinements
Grid is one of the basic language in architecture design. From big scale to small scale, this fundamental system affects to all stages in design process. For example, we can use this system dividing basic area in the schematic process, even we can use it setting a real material such as wood panel, steel plate on the outer wall in the construction process. In this reason, grid deformation which is based on the thinking of normal grid has also a various meaning and thousand of questions. So I think previous topic was too wide to manage within one quarter and decide to refine my issue, it is not related to usage of real material or designing of freeform design in its starting point. At first starting point, I just focus on the grid deformation which can give us a new design parameter and interesting composition.





Elements

For this first process, I set some rule(guidance) to research it clearly. I decide to start my research from cubic grid. In my opinion, architecture is made by the composition of volume and cubic volume represents its character well. If grid deformation starts from cubic stage, then we can easily compare the effect of deformation to normal pattern of the grid system.











Generative component

Basically I will use a Generative Component to make a simple logic which can adjust its shape by parameter. As I refer to my starting point, I make a one single cubic and set one point along a line. This point is connected to one edge point with single line. I check a deformation of cubic and thinking its composition during changing the value of parameter as 0.1 to 0.9.







First Process

Grid deformation in the cube shape. Checking a variation of the simple logic through changing the parameter which is set in G.C. program.












Arranging multiple deformation elements in a row and checking its pattern. It shows a variation of the deform and I think how can we connect each element to make a unified grid system. Below image is one of the trial that each element is connected by one single surface.








No comments:

Post a Comment